Is the end of the year a fun and exciting time? Or is it a time for you to think about all the things you haven’t finished yet? We’re 50-50. Before things start to pile up and your schedule becomes overwhelming, here’s a year-end checklist to help you keep track of some of the most important employee administration tasks you need to complete at the end of the year.
Payroll & Taxes
- Form 1095-B, health coverage
- Form 1094-B, transmittal form accompanying Form 1095-B information returns
- Form 1095-C, Employer-Provided health insurance offer and coverage delivered to employees by January 31, 2018
- Form 1094-C, Transmittal form accompanying Form 1095-C information returns
- Employers must file 1095-C with IRS for each full-time employee, and Form 1094-C (transmittal form).
- *Filing dates for the above items:
- Paper filing with IRS by February 28, 2018
- eFiling with IRS by March 31, 2018 (Employers that file 250 or more information returns with the IRS must file returns electronically)
This list does not encapsulate everything that every employer needs to do before the year is over, but it could help you get a good start on essential to-do items. Your list may vary by location, industry, and employee population, so get to know what is required for your business. If you’re feeling overwhelmed, XcelHR takes care of the majority of the items on this list for you, get in touch if you want to learn more.